SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Provide confidential, administrative support by conducting research, handling information requests from internal and external constituents, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. Help VP – Finance and Finance department fulfill the mission of providing timely and accurate financial information to key stakeholders while protecting organizational assets. Help VP – Human Resources and Human Resources department fulfill the mission of attracting and retaining a highly qualified and highly effective workforce.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES (Asterisk for essential job duties):
- Handling confidential information which would have an immediate negative impact on organizational operations if shared beyond its intended audience. *
- Demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence in supporting the VP-Finance and VP – HR’s office on a wide variety of complex issues. *
- Assisting the VP-HR and VP-Finance in the timely management of all communication, both written and via telephone, email and voicemail with a variety of constituents. *
- Using initiative to handle a variety of administrative support duties, managing complex calendars, and arranging meetings/travel. *
- Create correspondence effectively including accurate details with minimum guidance. *
- Arrange for conference calls, speaking engagements, and meeting scheduling. *
- Take minutes of meetings and other documents from rough drafts, transcribing machines, notes or general instructions. *
- Take dictation or transcribe dictation from audio/video recordings. *
- Types correspondence and reports requiring confidentiality. *
- Coordinate organizational special events, such as the Hiring Event, employee engagement, and recognition events. *
- Keep abreast of professional practices and technological changes.
- Manage the departments’ social media presence for maximum impact. *
- Receives visitors, and staff who come to the office.
- Compiles information and helps prepare VP-Finance and VP-HR for critical meetings requiring attendance. *
- Keeps confidential all matters pertaining to staff and their records as well as matters pertaining to employees and their official personnel records and evaluations. *
- Prepares, maintains and receives all purchase requisitions for office supplies, equipment, recruiting and travel for the departments.
- Assists VP-HR and VP-Finance with monthly Board meeting requirements for the departments. *
- Assists with the preparation and maintain budget for Human Resources. *
- Input necessary budget data related to projected and actual departmental expenses.
- Notarizes documents as needed.
- Assist in completing required paperwork for employment and schedule appointments for completion of this work.
- Order recruitment materials and keep recruitment supplies updated. *
- Ensure that HR file room is maintained in a neat and orderly manner and that all HR file room documents are filed in a compliant manner. *
- The employee shall carry out such other and further duties, whether specifically listed above or not, as are assigned or required by such employee’s supervisor, other appropriate school personnel, law board policy administrative regulation, department handbook, as are reasonably necessary to the efficient operation of the school system and its mission.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business, Education or comparable field highly desirable.
- Comparable experience in supporting support departments (Finance, HR, IT, Marketing, etc.) desired.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Exceptional office skills including keyboarding and typing; Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machine. Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Programs. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, communication and writing skills and initiative to make suggestions. Ability to multi-task, meet emergency deadlines and maintain current professional and personal skills. Personal qualities of confidentiality, patience, tact, resourcefulness and mature judgment. Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general Center administration.
Free Medical Insurance subsidy for the employee's portion, vision, dental, life, 401K with a matching contribution, fun environment, stable culture.