SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Data/Administrative Coordinator will provide support for the Early Head Start Child Care Partnership Project (EHS CCP). He/She will provide administrative support to the EHS CCP Director. He/She will generate data reports as needed. The Data/Administrative Coordinator will also provide technical support assistance for data capture and report generation to staff at all levels that are responsible for data. The Data/Administrative Coordinator will understand the relevance of data in relation to funders, licensing, accreditation, Head Start Performance Standards, and other special projects. He/she will demonstrate a commitment to early childhood best practices and innovation.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
1. Serves as a support for general office tasks such as; typing, filing, answering phones, directing calls, copying materials, handling correspondence and scheduling of activities and events.*
2. Manages the scheduling and planning, and assists in the coordination of meetings.
3. Practices proficient and timely communication and ensures confidentiality in all areas of work.
4. Coordinate and plan special events for the EHS CCP project – handling all logistical arrangements.*
5. Oversees the dissemination all EHS CCP information to the correct personnel in a timely manner.*
6. Develops and maintains active relationships with numerous key personnel at the federal and state funding institutions.*
7. Responsible for gathering data, record keeping, completing reports, and working on special projects assigned by the EHS CCP Project Director
8. Generate regular reports needed for EHS CCP, such as, (but not limited to)*
9. Enter data into the Child Plus database as required by the grants.*
10. Provide training to build the capacity of the EHS CCP team in accurate data entry and collection.*
11. Keep abreast of and implement current updates and new processes of agency software and data collection systems. *
12. Troubleshoot data collection issues and notify supervisor immediately.*
13. Develop and distribute materials in areas of “tips and tricks” for data collection and use of the agency’s software programs to build the capacity of the center staff.*
14. Debrief with staff around issues related to data collection and reports. *
15. Create, proofread and distribute correspondence, memos, and other materials based on verbal and emailed instruction from the EHS CCP Project Director. *
16. Develop and maintain accurate filing and information systems. *
17. Arrange for travel for EHS CCP HUB members.
18. Work in collaboration with Finance Team to reconcile expenses.
19. Performs other duties as assigned. *
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without assistance; 50 lbs. with assistance. Position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms as well as to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk and hear as well as stand, walk, and sit required. Occasional need to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Willingness and ability to travel to all center locations and able to work a flexible schedule. Must pass a criminal background check and also a drug screen.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Sheltering Arms evaluation policy.
Date Established: 10/12/2016
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
((*)) Essential job duties -the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.