SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Receptionist provides clerical and reception support for the administrative and program staff of the agency, including answering telephones, greeting clients and visitors, typing, filing and the administration of medication in the absence of clinic staff.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
- Greet all visitors, staff and parents, determine their needs and direct them to the appropriate person and/or office.
- Answer all telephone systems for the child care center and/or administrative office, take messages and direct incoming calls appropriately.
- Must be knowledgeable of program policies and activities.
- Sort, alphabetize and file materials as needed.
- Record initial inquiries from prospective parents.
- Administer medication to children and maintain logbook in the absence of clinical staff.
- Maintains a Commitment of Professionalism:
- Attends staff and parent leadership meetings.
- Attends conferences, courses and in-service training for a minimum of 20 hours.
- Makes observable uses of knowledge gained from workshops and training.
- Shares new ideas and skills with other staff members.
- Promotes the Center’s philosophy and educational objectives.
- Has a good attendance record.
- Reports to Center Director before workday begins.
- Supports the Center’s code of ethical conduct in regard to children, families and staff confidentiality.
- Follows center rules regarding break, telephone, clocking in and out etc.
- Displays an understanding of state licensing regulations.
- Displays an understanding of Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Must be willing to work with special needs children and families.
- Displays ability to work as a team member.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
- Actively works to resolve conflict.
- Adapts to change.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Knowledgeable with computer software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be able to visually observe main entrance, cameras and hallways from a distance of 70 feet.
- Lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must have auditory function from a distance of at least 40 feet.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED and 2 years clerical work experience.
- Technical or Business school and 1 year of clerical work experience.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Sheltering Arms evaluation policy.
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
(*) Essential job duties -the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.