SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Team Lead will be directly responsible for providing guidance, instruction, direction and leadership for Family Services Team members to ensure that organizational goals and objectives are met utilizing a two-generational approach. The Team Lead will ensure a service-oriented and professional working environment by supervising the performance of team members and executing the necessary action to deliver our brand promise. The Team Lead will lead the two-generational efforts to impact children and their families in education, health and well-being, economic supports, post-secondary and employment pathways with social capital opportunities.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
- Creates a positive, welcoming climate for families. (*)
- Utilizes all informal and formal opportunities to build and maintain relationships with families. (*)
- Facilitates and participates in team meetings. (*)
- Coach, supports, motivates and monitors team members. (*)
- Facilitates communication among team members. (*)
- Practices Reflective Supervision with team members. (*)
- Ensures team members follow their assigned schedules.
- Handles questions, conflict and complaints in a timely, helpful and professional manner.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication within each center for effective working conditions. (*)
- Plans and manages meeting logistics and professional development. (*)
- Participates in evaluation and continuous improvement processes. (*)
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters regarding children and families served.
- Prepares required reports.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to utilize reflective supervision
- Excellent analytical and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation, team building and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with community partners
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Has a clear understanding of the requirements and regulations from Sheltering Arms funding sources, licensing and accreditation and national initiatives
- Ability to work Independently and self-directed
- Knowledgeable of organizational procedures
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to demonstrate conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to develop collaborative partnerships
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s degree in Human Services, Child and Family Development, Social Work or Education preferred; or a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Child and Family Development, Social Work or Education required
- Minimum of five years of experience in an early childhood setting working with children and their families as well as community partners
- Management experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Sheltering Arms’ content areas-Family Engagement, Health and Wellness, ERSEA, Mental Health/Disabilities and the two-generation core components
- Coaching skills that are compassionate, strengths-based and non-judgemental
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team as a cooperative and supportive team member
- Ability to communicate and respond in a manner that consistently demonstrates respect and concern
- Experience with Technology-using Microsoft Office Suite and Data Management Systems
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: None required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs; 30 lbs without assistance.
- Willingness and ability to travel to multiple Sheltering Arms sites. Must pass a criminal background check and also a drug screen.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Sheltering Arms evaluation policy.
Date Established: 6/8/16
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
(*) Essential job duties -the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.