The Director of Information Technology will oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization, working closely with staff to assess and address user and organizational needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading organization-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations. Other principal working relationships include the Executive leadership team, Central Office Administrative staff, Center Directors, all system users, and vendors and consultants.
1. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
2. Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
3. Oversee systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
4. Work with programs staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
5. Communicate regularly with the executive leadership team and all users of information services and systems.
6. As budget allows, develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
7. Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
8. Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
9. Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
10. Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
11. Manage financial aspects of the IT Division, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
12. Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
13. Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware and equipment.
14. Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
15. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Demonstrated ability to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects. Strong project management, organizational and time management skills. Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. without assistance; 50 lbs. with assistance. Position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms as well as to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Ability to talk and hear as well as stand, walk, and sit required. Occasional need to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Sheltering Arms evaluation policy.
Date Established: 020717
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.
(*) Essential job duties -the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation.