EARLY EDUCATION AND FAMILY CENTERS
OFFICIAL TITLE: Recruiter – Full-time
SUPERVISOR: Vice President of Human Resources
SALARY RANGE: In accordance with Sheltering Arms Salary Schedules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Contract
The Recruiter supports the recruitment process for exempt and nonexempt employees using recruiting and hiring best practices required to hire a superior workforce.
- Assists the VP of HR with the development and administration of human resource recruiting programs, procedures, plans, and guidelines to help align staffing with the strategic goals of the organization.
- Collaborating with department managers to compile a consistent list of requirements.
- Attracting suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Conducting interviews and sorting through applicants to fill open positions.
- Assessing applicants' knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Completing paperwork for new hires.
- Promoting the company's reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
- Managing internship programs.
- Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
- Providing recruitment reports to team managers.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed, particularly in the area of recruitment and staffing.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with a high sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Ability to work well independently and within a highly collaborative team environment.
- High sense of confidentiality and trust.
- Ability to balance the need for flexibility and structure.
- Ability to maintain a positive, pleasant “can do” attitude with partners and team members at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be a self-starter who is excellent with technology and a fast learner.
- Must be highly adept with electronic file-keeping
- Ability to follow outlined processes and if needed, identify areas for improvement
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business preferred, HR or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two or more years of recruiting.
- Experience with human resource information systems or other cloud-based HR system, ADP Workforce Now preferred, including demonstrated proficiency in Applicant Tracking Systems
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, organizational, and planning skills.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
These demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Recruiter’s job, with or without a reasonable accommodation. While performing job responsibilities, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, lift, up to 30 lbs, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities require close vision.
Background check and fingerprinting are required prior to hire date. The employee must be able to travel between locations (all are in Georgia), and occasionally attend seminars which may require an overnight stay. There may be a number of situations happening at once, and the Recruiter must be prepared to handle emergencies and priority shifts at any time. Experience in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Sheltering Arms evaluation policy.
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by leadership. Sheltering Arms reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.